On September 28, 2018 Russian Anti-doping Agency “RUSADA” and Russian International Olympic University with the support of Russian Federation Ministry of Sports and Russian Olympic Committee hold an International scientifically-practical conference “Future of clean sport: current issues, challenges and solutions”. At the conference Russian and foreign experts discuss anti-doping policy, education and science in the field of anti-doping security.
- Margarita Pakhnotskaya / RUSADA Deputy Director General, PhD in Pedagogics
- Peter Nicholson / IAAF AIU Head of Investigations Consultant, Ethics Officer for International Cricket Council
- Herman Ram / Netherlands Anti-doping Authority Chief Executive Officer
- Jim Parry / RIOU international professor, professor at Charles University in Prague (Czech Republic) and University of Leeds (United Kingdom), Visiting professor at the International Olympic Academy. Member of the British Association of Sports, PhD in Philosophy
- Vassil Girginov / Professor at University of Brunel (Great Britain), President of the European Association of Sports Management, PhD in sport management
- Nikolay Peshin / Pro Rector for Research of the Russian International Olympic University, Professor at the Faculty of Law of the Lomonosov Moscow State University, Doctor of Laws
- Veronika Loginova / Head of the Department of Anti-Doping Support and Interdepartmental Cooperation of the Department of Science and Education of the Ministry of Sport of Russian Federation
- Graham Arthur / Recognized expert in anti-doping, sporting governance and Para-sport classification matters
- Yannis Pitsiladis / Member of the IOC Medical and Scientific Commission, Professor, Head of Collaborating Centre of Sports Medicine of University of Brighton and International Federation of Sports Medicine (FIMS)
- Irina Zelenkova / Leading specialist of the innovative center of OCD, doctor of sports medicine of the International Olympic Committee, PhD in Medical Sciences
- Ieva Lukosiute-Stanikuniene / WADA appointed international expert in RUSADA, PhD in Physiology, Biology and Biomedical Sciences
- Liene Kozlovska / Senior Project Manager Anti-Doping Convention Sport Conventions Division Council of Europe
- Victoria Badtieva / Chairperson of the TUE Committee, Doctor of Medical Science, Professor, corresponding member of the Russian Academy of Science
- Björn Bertoft / Arne Ljungqvist Anti-Doping Foundation Professor, Producer of “The war on doping” film.
“Doping's Nemesis“ by Arne Ljungqvist, edited in Russian with support of RUSADA, is to be presented at the conference. The book describes professional and personal experience of professor Arne Ljungqvist, who devoted his life to medicine, sport and fight against doping. In his youth Arne became Swedish high-jump champion and participated in 1952 Olympics. Later professor Ljungqvist got medical education and carried out many studies in kidney and cardiovascular disease and also in the field of oncology in Karolinska Institute, Stockholm. Today Arne Ljungqvist is international anti-doping expert, Professor, IAAF Honorary Vice President, International Olympic Committee Honorary member, WADA Ex-Vice President, Ex-Chairman of the Health, Medical & Research Committee of WADA. The book was published in Swedish in 2008 and translated later into English, Arabic, French, Chinese and Korean.
The conference is held from 10:00 to 17:00 Moscow time (UTC +3). The webcast will be available on RUSADA social networks (www.vk.com/rusada , www. facebook.com/RUSADA.Russia/), and on Russian International Olympic University YouTube Channel (www.youtube.com/channel/UC_Zn5fJ2i6r0XS4Z7LKbsyA )»